"A Legacy Worth Preserving: The History of the Square and Circle Club" documentary movie and discussion, Saturday, May 1, 2:30-4pm

The Square and Circle Club (http://squareandcircle.org/), founded in 1924 by seven teenage girls in response to flood and famine in China, is the oldest Chinese women’s community service organization in the United States. Alice G. Lowe, co-chair of the club’s History Committee, will provide a brief history of this venerable institution and its still active involvement in the Chinese community before showing a documentary about the club’s fascinating history.

The movie will be in English only. A question and answer period in English and Chinese will follow the movie.

Watch a short clip from the movie here:

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    My name is Jen-feng Kuo. I am postdoctoral fellow of Social Sciences Research Center at National Science Council, Taiwan. In my doctoral dissertation I referred to Square and Circle Club in relation to Chinese American women's early history, and I am writing a research paper (in Chinese) also mentioning the Club. Of published works, I find some resources but I would like to know if there are more. Would there possibly be some one or some source I can communicate with electronically for my needs? Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete